Thursday, Oct. 24, 2024

Library to host academic support programs

New plans are underway for renovating AU’s library. This project will rework the building’s interior to maximize its use for students, AU Librarian Nancy Davenport said.

The project is in its beginning stages, so specific details on the renovations do not yet exist. However, Davenport said library staff would like to bring support programs such as the Writing Center and the Math and Statistics Tutoring Lab under its roof.

The changes are the result of the library staff’s observation that the facility has not provided students full academic support, according to Davenport.

“The library has seen how heavily they have had to refer students to other places for help for academics over the years and we drew up a list of those services,” Davenport said.

Currently, the library project staff has started creating a list of architects that have worked with other academic libraries. The list will be sent to the office of the provost this week for the next stage of approval for further planning.

“I want to make it so the student body will get pretty much one-stop shopping for academic support,” Davenport said.