Thursday, Oct. 24, 2024

Firelake Grill to replace Ruby Tuesday’s space on Van Ness Street

Firelake Grill, a new restaurant in Tenleytown located in the former Ruby Tuesday’s spot next to the Greenberg Theater, will open in April.

Long-time restaurant entrepreneur Robert Slade said he hopes to attract both AU students and members of the Tenleytown community by creating a comfortable yet sophisticated dining experience.

The Firelake Grill will join Slade’s other restaurants, including Slade’s American Grills, Pargo’s, Maverick and taverns in over 20 different locations in the mid-Atlantic region.

“I like to refer to our menu as ‘classic American cuisine with contemporary tweaks,’” Slade said. He plans to be distinct in using a live wood-burning grill to prepare flavorful American dishes of meat and seafood.

The restaurant will feature “upper casual dining,” above frozen and pre-prepared foods but not quite “white tablecloth” dining.

“The construction will focus on keeping the space warm and inviting, yet injecting light and space to encourage people watching and customer interaction,” Slade said.

The overall space will seat approximately 200 patrons plus the outdoor seating. Slade also plans to designate space to accommodate a private dining area for parties and events.