Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Wurm wins 100-yard backstroke at Bucknell

Matt Wurm earned the lone Eagle victory Feb. 2 as he posted a 51.17 in the 100-yard backstroke. In the same event Dylan Rasnick and Ross Honig finished sixth and 10th overall, respectively. Rasnick posted a time of 55.17, and Honig finished 56.37.

Wurm had a strong performance in the 100-yard freestyle finishing in 47 seconds, good for third place. His time of 22 seconds gave him a fifth-place finish in the 50 freestyle, missing out on fourth place by .01 seconds.

The AU men’s 200 medley relay was the best team performance of the event. The team of Bobby Ballance, Charlie Taffet, Tyler Pham and Wurm led the Eagles to a third-place finish with a time of 1:38:17.

Pham recorded a ninth-place finish in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:01.00. In the 200 breaststroke, Rasnick posted a time of 2:13.78 and also took ninth.

Paris Wood posted a fourth-place finish in the Women’s 100-yard backstroke.

On the diving side, Melissa Parker had a good performance on the one-meter board with a score of 243.30. That performance led Parker to a fourth-place finish. Parker also nailed a fifth-place finish in the three-meter board with a score of 245.05.

In the men’s one-meter board, Derek Simmons recorded a 163.20, good for a seventh-place finish. Simmons also placed seventh in the in the three-meter board with a score of 148.70.

AU will return to Bucknell for the Patriot League Championships Feb. 21-23.