Friday, Sept. 20, 2024

Meet the Scene

A brief, sassy introduction to the section's staff

Want to know what's going on off- and on-campus? Look no further! The Eagle’s the Scene is determined to keep you updated on all things art, entertainment, music, pop culture, fashion, food and more at AU and throughout the District. So meet the staff working to make sure you make the most of your scene with the occasional side serving of sass.

Kendall Breitman: Managing Editor Near West Philadelphia Breitman was born and raised, where she says she spent most of her days on the playground. Today, Kendall is a senior at studying Print Journalism and Law & Society. Before she was managing editor, Kendall worked as assistant editor for The Scene and has written for The Eagle since her sophomore year. Kendall's guilty pleasures include Lady, Amanda Bynes, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna's Instagram, twerking, and Satay Club. In her free time, Kendall works as the new spokesperson for the Ham Council. People do like the way she says "ham." Kbreitman@theeagleonline.com

David Kahen-Kashi: Arts & Entertainment Editor David Kahen-Kashi hails from Great Neck, New York. His neck is not that great, but the town was a delight. He is currently studying Literature at American and serves are the Arts & Entertainment Editor of The Eagle. His favorite movies are “Zaat!,” “Over the Top,” “Prisoners of the Lost Universe,” “Ninja Terminator,” “1990: The Bronx Warrior,” “Over the Top,” and “Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.” Did he mention “Over the Top?” He really likes “Over the Top.” He is also a distinguished member of the Young Marmoset Council of America. dkahen-kashi@theeagleonline.com

Sydney Gore: Music Editor Raised in the suburbs of New Jersey, Sydney E. Gore is the coolest Syd on the block in her cancelled ‘90s sitcom life that revolves around music. As a Journalism major with a minor in Marketing, she serves as Music Editor of The Eagle and Managing Editor of PropertyOfZack. On campus, Sydney is also involved as a member of WVAU, SUB and SOC Ambassadors. Her intern experiences include Editorial at Billboard in NYC and Marketing for sweetgreen in D.C. When she's not swarmed with assignments, Sydney spends her free time with her posse at concert venues, dance parties, thrift shops and movie screenings. On the weekend, she can be found being a hip, trendy sales associate who puts all the swag in the bag at Urban Outfitters in Georgetown. Sydney loves spontaneous adventures, sarcasm and Seth Cohen. Sgore@theeagleonline.com

Sean Meehan: Assistant Editor Sean is a junior from Southlake, Texas studying Journalism and Literature. He writes about art and music for the Scene and is the web editor for the Eagle. His favorite things, in no particular order, are his family, cookies, coffee, Cher, Lou Reed, and the Internet. He also enjoys skateboarding, swimming, minimalist art, stream-of-consciousness novels, punk, southern hip-hop, free jazz, absurdist plays, and imagist poetry. He hopes to move back to Texas and pursue a career in art and music online journalism after graduating. In addition to his work at The Eagle, he co-hosts a radio show called "We're Hilarious" on Saturdays 6-8 p.m. at wvau.org and writes blog posts and articles for their website. Smeehan@theeagleonline.com

Mark Lieberman: Assistant Editor Mark Lieberman has been obsessed with pop culture and journalism since he picked up a copy of The Washington Post’s Entertainment section while home sick with the flu in elementary school. Since then, he’s become what he likes to call a “Movie and TV Criticism Nerd.” In his few minutes of spare time, he enjoys monuments, museums and other things that don’t start with the letter M. He’s very excited to work for The Eagle this year because, all jokes aside, he loves writing more than anything else in the world. Even food, and that’s saying something. mlieberman@theeagleonline.com

Jane Morice: Assistant editor Jane Morice is a junior Print Journalism major with a marketing minor and has been writing for The Eagle since her first semester of freshman year. She loves to blog, mostly about her day-to-day life and tends to think she is pretty funny. Other than that, she's a self proclaimed social media addict- selfies are her specialty (kind of kidding)- and is everyone's favorite redhead. Jmorice@theeagleoneline.com