Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024
	Kelly McCaddin led the Eagles with 15 kills against Coppin State

Volleyball sweeps Coppin St for seventh straight win

The AU Volleyball team remained undefeated with a three set sweep Sept. 11 against Coppin State in Baltimore.

The first set was competitive with both teams matching points 12 times. AU (7-0, 0-0 PL) took the lead for good when Coppin State’s (1-7, 0-0 MEAC) outside hitter Nicole Malave committed an attack error to put AU up 13-12. It was all AU needed as it went on a 12-6 run, capped off by kill from junior middle blocker Kelly McCaddin, to take the first set 25-18.

The second set opened with AU going on a 7-1 run before Coppin State called a timeout. AU would hold onto its lead, as large as 15 points. Coppin State managed only eight points in the entire set giving AU the 25-8 victory, taking set two.

In the final set of the match, AU jumped out to an 8-0 lead. AU’s dominant second set carried momentum over to the third set as the team held a double digit lead over Coppin State throughout the entire set.

After junior libero Megan Rosburg delivered an ace pushing the score to 20-9 AU, Coppin State made an effort to tie the game trading scores late in the match. Ultimately this was too little, too late as AU took the final set 25-15 securing its seventh straight victory

AU looks to remain undefeated Sept.14-15 at the Crowne Plaza Invitational in Philadelphia.