Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Men’s basketball head coach Mike Brennan addresses fans at Chalk Talk

Men’s basketball head coach Mike Brennan answered fans’ questions about the upcoming season during the fourth annual AU Men’s Basketball Open Practice and Chalk Talk on Oct. 19 in Bender Arena.

Brennan discussed the team’s chances this year, the players and his overall thoughts on how the program will do this year.

“There’s no clear cut top team and there’s no clear cut bottom team this year… it’s going to be a difficult and challenging league this year, but its going to be fun,“ Brennan said of the Patriot League.

Brennan described how a multitude of his players were versatile and able to do many things on the court. He used center senior Tony Wroblicky as an example, citing his ability to pull up and drain shots from long distance. He also mentioned sharp shooting junior John Schoof specialized in his role and worked hard.

“Schoof has been great so far, he’s the type of guy that I can tell all other guys to look at him and see what he’s doing, he can really make shots,” Brennan said.

He continued to talk about other notable upperclassmen, telling the crowd that “we’re going to ask Tony Wroblicky to play a bigger part in the offense this year.”

Men’s basketball will have a tough schedule this year, including a Nov. 20 game against nationally ranked Ohio State University. In addition, six freshmen were placed on The Eagles’ opening day roster.

The basketball season will begin Nov. 8 at George Mason University with the home opener Nov. 14 against the University of Maryland Baltimore County.