Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Regan finishes 32nd in cross country

Junior Nick Regan led the AU cross country team to a 20th place finish at the Paul Short Run at Lehigh College Oct. 6.

Regan topped all Eagle runners by placing 32nd with a time of 24:38. The best time in the 397-person event went to sophomore James Lekos of Harvard University, who finished with a 23:13.

The AU men finished 20th overall with a total time of 2:07:21 while the best overall team, Indiana University, finished with a total time of 2:02:08.

Other top-finishing Eagles included freshman Brendan Johnson at 71st place with a time of 25:07 and sophomore Joshua Ellis whose 25:22 finish earned him 96th place.

No Eagle women finished in the top 100 of the women’s 6K race. Freshman Corina Velazco ran the best time for the Eagles, finishing in 22:26 and placing 175th of 406. Dartmouth College’s senior Abbey D’Agostino won first place with a time of 19:44.

AU’s women ended the day in 42nd place with a total time of 1:53:39. Georgetown University’s women finished on top with a team time of 1:44:42.

The next event for the Eagles is Oct. 19 at Lafayette College’s Leopard Invitational in Easton, Pa.