Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024

Women’s swim team collects three top 10 finishes

Three of AU women’s swim teams recorded top 10 finishes in the 200 yard medley relay as the Eagles’ swimming and diving teams competed against Lafayette College, Navy and Bucknell University in their home territory on Nov. 9.

The team of Ellie Liang, Alexandra Follman, Kaitlin Kuldac and Lesia Olesnyckyj posted a score of 1:56.08 finishing in seventh. The second team consisting of Olivia Wons, Alexis Danchak, Lena Mentyka and Oliva Lasche finished with a time of 1:59.55 placing ninth. The third team of Karla Hernandez-Mejia, Celeste Borras, Emma Towe and Jessica Kowel finished with a score of 2:02.75 came in 10th.

Sharon Scoval placed an eighth place finish in the women’s 1,000 yard freestyle with a score of 10:51.59. Paris Wood placed fifth and Caylee Watson came in ninth in the women’s 100 yard backstroke. Wood posted a 59.86 in the event whereas Watson scored a 1:01.27.

In the women’s 100 yard backstroke Borras placed ninth with a score of 1:09.75 and Danchak finished in seventh with a 1:10.82.

Women’s diving squad came out victories in one of the three competitions while the men’s squad lost all three competitions.

The first men’s swimming team consisting of Dylan Rasnick, Charlie Taffet, Tyler Pham and Kilian Korth, who finished in an eighth place with a score of 1:39.83 in the men’s 200 yard medley relay. The second team consisting of Ross Honig, Dan Francis, Kevin Bond and Phillip Piombino finish in tenth with a score of 1:44.12.

Rasnick and Ryan Richards finished back-to-back in the men’s 1000 yard freestyle. Rasnick finished in eighth place with a score of 10:06.87. Richards placed ninth with a score of 10:11.93.

The Eagles return to action Nov. 21-23 at the George Mason Invitational.